The department of Electronics and Communication has a vision to become a leading centre of excellence in teaching and research, to facilitate the transformation of students to good human beings and competent professionals. The primary objective of the department had been to impart quality education, training and research in various areas of Electronics and Communication. The department has a team of highly experienced and qualified faculties from IIT and NIIT. The department does not believe only to impart theoretical knowledge rather it believes on the education with hands on practical exposure. With this vision department has highly equipped labs of VLSI, Antenna, MATLAB , Digital signal Processing, Circuit Simulation , Instrumentation, Communication etc. Department is concerned for student technical exposure by organizing various training program ,workshops, seminars , conference, expert lecture with highly skilled and leading field expertise of national level. Imparting theoretical, technical and practical exposure to our students makes them competent enough to survive in global market. Department has a very good environment, each and every faculty tries their best to give our knowledge to the student from basic concepts to the peak of it In a harmonious and respectful environment, the students are delivered quality technical education so as to respond to rapidly changing social and economic environment.
Vision of the department:
To nurture the students in Electronics and Communication Engineering with core and multidisciplinary field with academic excellence, placement and simultaneously inculcating core values to the learners.
Mission of the department:
To educate Electronics and Communication engineering students in order to produce competent technocrats for professional carrier, higher studies and enable the students to develop skills to solve complex technological problems of current time.
PEO1. To prepare students for successful careers in industries and/or higher studies and research by acquiring the knowledge of engineering science, mathematics, computing and Electronics and Communication engineering principles.
PEO2. To train students with necessary engineering and scientific knowledge breadth to identify, analyze and solve the real life problems in the field of Electronics and Communication.
PEO3. To provide an environment for developing effective communication skills, leadership quality for entrepreneurship, team working, understanding of professional and ethical responsibilities and multidisciplinary approach towards lifelong learning.
PSO 1: Apply principles of Engineering sciences and core engineering to solve complex engineering problems in the field of Communication/networking, signal processing, embedded systems and semiconductor technology.
PSO 2: Select and apply modern engineering hardware and software tools to analyze and design subsystems/processes for a variety of applications in Signal processing, VLSI and Communication engineering.
PSO 3: : Communicate well in both oral and written forms about the work progress and future plans with necessary road maps, demonstrating the practice of professional ethics and the concerns for societal and environmental wellbeing.
- A team Cosmos, Shubham Barkur and Siddharth Mourya won second prize (75K cash prize) in all India Smart Orissa Hackathon open innovation sector for project named “VISION”, April 2018.
- Shubham Barkur, Omprakash, Shivam Kaurav, Rishabh Gupta of EC department won the first prize in “Udbhav “ organised by civil department, TIT & Science held on 04/04/18.
- Shubham Barkur, Omprakash, Shivam Kaurav, Rishabh Gupta of EC department won the first prize in projectmania competition organised by EX department, TIT held on 13/04/18
CHETAN SINGH RECIEVING AWARD
- Chetan Singh of EC V Sem and his team , has achieved the winner award in “RGPV Nodal Level Badminton Tournament” held at Mittal Institute on 21th to 23rd NOV. 2017. He was selected for state level tournament held at SATI, Vidisha on 28th & 29th NOV. 2017 in which his team was awarded with runner trophy.
- Khushboo Jadhav of EC department awarded by Honourable education minister for scoring 100 out of 100 marks in physics in 12th board examination.
MS. DIVYA VERMA (BATCH 2012- 16) SILVER MEDAL
Ms. Divya Verma student of Electronics and Communication branch batch 2012-2016 received Silver Medal for University Topper by RGPV, Bhopal. Native Place: Bhopal, M.P