The Library of Technocrats Institute of Technology is fully Classified and Automated. It is an invaluable resource for students, researchers and faculties of Engineering (undergraduates & M.Tech.), M.B.A. and M.C.A. The library has over the years built a robust collection of over 48,000 books, more than 200 bound volumes of journals, about 150 print journals and more than 425 online journals and many other resources like thesis, student’s project reports, CDs, videos and news papers.
The library, spread over 6950 sq. ft., also provides access to the best of engineering and management related digital resources through its subscription to various databases consisting of scholarly and industry relevant content. The library has set up network to provide various course related information to the users.
- College library provides an extensive resource of reading material.
- Separate Reference section.
- DELNET Databases.
- E-journals of various international publishers like IEEE, ASME, Springer, McGraw Hill, Bentham, ASTM, ASCE, Elsevier science direct, Emerald, RMIT, EBSCO, JGATE, JSMS etc.
- NPTEL (National Programme on Technology Enhanced Learning) Video lectures of eminent Professors of IIT, Chennai.
- E-library with LAN and Internet facility.
- Valuable CDs (Software and E-media).
- Library Automation through Libsys Software.
The Central Library’s aim is to support the institution by providing good quality, cost-effective library Library Objectives
Generally speaking, the library aims for providing the necessary information and making them available to all the beneficiaries in the appropriate time as well as it seeks affording and organizing balanced sets of books and other information sources to go hand to hand the university curriculum and presenting to the researchers and beneficiaries using the both traditional and modern (electronic) getting back methods.
These goals are fulfilled through the following functions and operations:
- Providing, organizing and making available for use a modern and rich set of specialized information sources.
- Providing the new important information within the users in the institute.
- Providing appropriate information retrieval system.
- Contributing in publishing, keeping, organizing and getting back the copies made in the institute.
- Cooperating with other specialized libraries like IIT Delhi, RGPV, National Chemical Library (NCL), Library Poona, National Library Kolkata, TERI etc..
- To provide access e-resources and information retrieval services necessary to support the learning, teaching and in research activities of the institute;
- To carry out appropriate development work in librarianship with the aim of improving the library services through information retrieval system.;
- To teach the students and the staff in the use of the library and to develop their self study skills.
- To maintain effective links with all the College staff, let them aware and respond to the challenges in education and approaches to learning.
- To collect, cultivate, preserve and endow the treasures of knowledge, heritage and culture in general without any caste and creed.
- To serve as a home for the collections, archives, manuscripts, documents, maps, music and other audio treasures, graphic creations, audiovisual creations and electronic documents, as well as other items of unique technological significance;
- To display permanent and changing exhibitions of collections to the library users, including borrowed collections;
- To maintain professional ties with National libraries, public libraries and archives as well as educational institutions;
- To serve as a heaven for the culture of books, including encouraging research in this realm and housing the Museum of the Book;
- To maintain and operate an infrastructure that allows, among other things, suitable study, documentation, storage, preservation, presentation and research conditions.
Internet facilities can be accessed by faculty members and students. They can download and e-mail materials related to their study. There is separate section provided for Digital Library. 20 networked computers are there in the library. In these sections, faculty members and students can access online journals and avail internet facilities. They can refer e-Books and e-Journals and download the reading materials and can also send or receive e-mail. Multimedia facilities are also available in the Digital Library. NPTEL Lectures in Video Format of eminent professors of IIT are available on separate system and students and faculty members can refer it any time.
Central Library offers access to online e-journals, e-books, e-database, e-lecture videos and open source software with useful links. User can freely access the Full Text or Abstracts in a flexible and easy manner to use for their day to day study.
Working Hours of Library
8.00 am to 8.00 pm (All week days),
One Reading hall (Reference Section) Open 12.00 hrs
from 8.00 am to 8.00 pm except on Sunday
and Gazetted Holidays.
Book Bank Facility
The facility of Book Bank is also available and has 12000 volumes of important and useful books in a separate hall.
EXTRA BOOKS FACILITY
The facility of borrowing extra books is available for the meritorious students and economic weaker students
Self-Operated photocopying machine is available in the library. Use of this machine is against username and password. The rate of photocopy is Rs. 1/- per page.
LIBRARY EXTENSION SERVICES
Under the library extension service we call the eminent and renowned professors, scientists, industrialists etc. time to time and organise their lectures before the students and faculties.
PRINTED JOURNAL LISTS.NoNAME OF JOURNALINTERNATIONAL
1 ACM SIGACT: Algorithms and Computational Theory International 2 ACM SIGOPS: Operating Systems International 3 ACM SIGPLANE: Programming Languages International 4 ACM SIGSOFT:Software Engineering Notes International 5 ACM SIGKDD: Knowledge Discovery in India International 6 Linux Journal International 7 International Journal of Mechanical Engg. And Materials Sc. International 8 International Journal of Niño Systems International 9 International Journal of Information Processing International 10 Harvard Business Review International 11 Australian Journal of Management International 12 Newsweek International International 13 Global Business Review International 14 Foreign Trade Review International 15 The journal of Entrepreneurship International 16 Global CEO International 17 ACM SIGARCH : Computer Architecture International 18 ACM SIGCSE : Computer Science Education International 19 ACM SIGMOD : Management of Data International 20 Embedded System Design International 21 MSDN Magazine : The Microsoft journal for Developers International 22 International Journals of Computer Science & System Engineering International 23 International Journal of Fuzzy System & Rough System International 24 International Journal of Niño System & Technology International 25 International Journal of System Simulation International 26 International Journal on Neural Network & Applications International
NATIONAL JOURNAL LISTS.NoNAME OF JOURNALNATIONAL
1 Electrical India National 2 Electronics For You National 3 Electronics Today National 4 Industrial Automation National 5 Bulletin of Material Science National 6 Indian Journal of Chemical Technology National 7 Indian Journal of Pure & Applied Physics National 8 Everyday Practical Electronics National 9 Express Intelligent (Network Magazine) National 10 Journal of Computational Mathematics National 11 Journal of Science & Technology National 12 Journal of Structural Engineering National 13 Journal of Electrical & Electronics Engineering National 14 Journal of Research & IETE Technical Review National 15 Instit of Engg. Civil Engineering National 16 Instit of Engg. Computer Engineering National 17 Instit of Engg. Electrical Engineering National 18 Instit of Engg. Electronic & Telecommunication National 19 Instit 0f Engg. Mechanical Engineering National 20 Instit of Engg. Production Engineering National
- S.NoJOURNAL PACKAGESUBJECT AREAe-CONTENTS
1 IEEE CS, CE, EE, Telecom. (ASPP) (146 eJournals) (2011) (Backfile Access – since 2000) 2 Springer-Engg. (EEC) EE, EX, CS (149 e-Journals) ( 2011 ) (Backfile Access – since 1997) 3 ASME Mechanical (26 e-Journals) ( 2011 )(Backfile Access – since 2000) 4 ASCE Civil Engg 34 e-Journals (2011 )(Backfile Access – since 1983) 5 McGraw Hill Gen. Engg. & Ref. 363 e-journals 6 J-Gate-Engg. & Tech. J-Gate & JET Engg. & Tech. 4700 Indexed,170 free full text 7 ELSEVIER (Engg.+CS)Science Direct ME, CSE, EX, EC, CE 275 Journals (Back File Access from 2000 onward) 8 ASTM (DL) ME, CSE, EX, EC, IT, Civil, Metallurgy, Instru. & Petro. 47,000 articles, 9 Imp. Engg. Journals 1400 ebooks & standards. 9 J-Gate Social & Mgmt. Sc. (JSMS) Management Science 6700 indexed, free full text 2000 , 145 with back file since 2000 (8,750 + Publishers) 10 EBSCO Management Science 1802 e-Journals and Magazines 2011
Some of the Prominent CDs and DVDs in the Institute Library :S.NoTITLES
1 OPERATING SYSTEMS 2 THINKING IN C 3 ORACLE 9i 4 DIGITAL IMAGE PROCESSING 5 ENGINEERING CIRCUIT ANALYSIS 6 EFFECTIVE PROJECT MANAGEMENT 7 AN EMBEDDED SOFTWARE PRIMER 8 MASTERING PHOTOSHOP 6.00 9 ELECTRONIC DEVICES AND CIRCUITS 10 USING LINUX 11 WIRELESS DIGITAL COMMUNICATIONS 12 NEURAL NETWORK AND FUZZY SYSTEMS 13 PATTERN RECOGNITION AND IMAGE ANAYSIS 14 VHDL 15 ORACLE PL/SQL PROGRAMMING 16 RED HAT LINUX (COMPLETE REFERENCE) 17 MASTERING RED HAT LINUX 7.1 18 MASTERING LINUX PREMIUM ED. 19 WEB DEVELOPMENT WITH VISUAL BASIC 5 20 VISUAL C++ PROJECTS 21 VISUAL BASIC 6.00 22 MASTERING VISUAL C++ 6.00 23 MASTERING VISUAL BASIC 6.00 24 VISUAL BASIC 6 HOW TO PROGRAMM 25 VISUAL BASIC PROGRAMMING BLACK BOOK 26 VISUAL BASIC SUPER BIBLE 27 VISUAL BASIC DATABASE HOW TO PROGRAMM 28 VISUAL BASIC SOURCE CODE LIBRARY 29 MASTERING WINDOWS 2000 PROG. WITH VISUAL C++ 30 MASTERING ACTIVE SERVER PAGES 3 31 COMPUTER TODAY GUIDE TO WAP 32 HOW COMPUTER WORKS 33 8085 SIMULATO 34 OCP: ORACLE 8i DBO STUDY GUIDE 35 ORACLE 8i : 36 ORACLE 8i DBA CERTIFICATION EXAM GUIDE 37 MASTERING ORACLE 8i 38 ORACLE DESIGNER GENERATION 39 PRINCIPLE OF ELECTRONIC MATERIALS & DEVICES 40 MODERN ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATION 41 RELATIONAL DATABASE SYSTEMS 42 COMPUTER GAMING WORLD 43 MULTIMEDIA AN INTRODUCTION 44 DATA STRUCTURES 45 8051 MICROCONTROER AND EMBEDDED SYSTEMS 46 JAVA PROGRAMMING 47 INTRODUCTION TO OPERATION RESEARCH 48 TROUBLESHOOTING, MAINTAINING & REPAIRING PCS 5TH ED 49 DATA STRUCTURES & ALGORITHAMS IN JAVA 50 SOFTWARE TO ACCOMPANY HEAT TRANSFER
1 Computer Science Engg. 1254 6993 2 Information Technology Engg. 1301 6963 3 Mechanical Engg. 904 9245 4 Electrical & Electronics Engg. 786 3835 5 Electronics & Comm. Engg. 1268 7351 6 Civil Engg. 184 1133 7 M.Tech 1419 4694 8 MCA 456 4016 9 MBA 463 4024 Total 8035 48254
No. of CDs – 2293
NPTEL Audio and Video Lectures : around 751
e-journals : 425
All the activities of the libraries i.e. Purchasing (Books, Periodicals, e-journals and other reading materials), time to time, the library guidelines are chalk out and modified by Library Committee.
The Central Library is primarily meant for the faculty, research staff, students, and administrative staff of the Institute. These rules are framed to help and promote, rather than to constrain the use of library materials and services.
Students can borrow following number of books :
Course On Fixed Card On Rotational Card BE 02 books 01 acheter cialis générique canada books MBA 03 books 02 books M.Tech. 03 books —
In addition to above additional books are issued to meritorious students on special recommendation of Group Director.
Faculty & Staff Members can borrow two books for full semester.