Established with the vision to achieve excellence in the field of IT and to produce outstanding IT professionals in the country, the department is powered with highly qualified & motivated faculty, well equipped computer lab & special teaching methodology. The department of IT is committed to provide quality education to the students. Intake for this course is 60 seats each year. The department has 4 computer laboratories equipped with state-of -art computing facilities to support the research and teaching activities. Most of the faculty members of the department have graduated/post-graduated from NITs, IIITs and have long teaching and industrial experience. All faculty members are M.Tech. Some of them are pursuing Ph.D. R.G.Technical University results of all classes are more than 90%. Students of IT department regularly participate in state and national level competitions and bring laurels to department.
- The Syllabus of IT covers all the software & related hardware part of computing mainly computer networks, neural networks, software engineering, DBMS, computer Architecture & organization, multimedia graphics, communication system, DSP & other emerging areas in Information Technology. Topics beyond syllabus are covered through guest lectures. The teaching-learning process comprises class-room teaching, along with tutorials, practical’s, seminars and viva-voce, projects. The teaching aids used are conventional blackboard, overhead projector (OHP), LCD / DLP, e-campus software and series of audio visual CD are available for various subjects delivered by IIT professors. The department boasts some of the most advanced and latest hi-tech software’s. It gives us full satisfaction to highlight the fact that department of IT is enriched with good infrastructure, high qualified and experienced faculty and very enthusiast and devoted students. The department is also having well-stacked and extended library of the central-library for the faculty and students of the department. The main objective is to get immediate help and support regarding the academics, projects and thesis work.
The Department has all the latest technologies of hardware and software with excellent computing facilities for training, data analysis, program development and research including Networking, multimedia, graphics and hardware. It also has the latest audio-visual teaching aids. Internet facility is available to every student.
The department offers guidance to the students in the latest software like J2EE, CCNA, MTS,.NET and LINUX Kernel programming. We are having faculties from the industrial background. They provide students with the latest technical knowledge and practical exposure so that they can make their presence felt in the latest technical revolution.
Information Technology Department
Information Technology Department is well-equipped with most defined and technically modern laboratories to provide a superior level of practical education to its students. The laboratories are specifically designed with excellent facilities to meet the requirements of A.I.C.T.E. and R. G. Technical University. Advanced equipments and hardware/softwares are added to the laboratories each year to keep them updated.
- Programming Lab -1
- Programming Lab -2
- Programming Lab -3
- Programming Lab -4
- E-resource & Internet Lab
- Project Labs
- Hardware Lab
- Unix/Linux Lab
View of few labs
Programming laboratory for database applications. Laboratory equipped with latest configuration 60 HP core 2 Duo systems with Oracle 10g.
Programming Laboratory for creating programs for Object Oriented Technology. Equipped with Latest configuration 60 HP core 2 Duo systems with C, C++ and Matlab 7.0.
.Net and Java laboratory
.Net and Java laboratory, equipped with latest configuration 60 HP core 2 Duo systems with .Net and Java.
Technical Seminar on Android by HCL
A technical seminar on mobile development kit (MDK) part of J2EE (Java Enterprise edition). The guest faculty from HCL motivated and guided the students about today’s era of advanced technology. Mr. Anuj Vyas – lead programmer and mentor of HCL educated the students about the current development in the field of Android Technology and thus offered two days free classes for all the students of CS & IT of TIT & Science.The purpose of the event was to motivate & guide the students regarding the current scenario in the market of Software Development & Computer Science and to tell the importance of being updated in the field of Development.
Expert Lecture on IT Security by Appin Tech
An expert lecture on digital security & Ethical hacking was organized by the Computer Science Department. The guest speaker Mr. Prashant Tiwari (MD, Appin Tech) motivated and guided the students about today’s era of advanced technology. He elucidated the students about the current development in the field of IT security &* explained the students about the current scenario of the industry & the need of developers to the country in the field of Network & IT Security.
The purpose of the event was to motivate & guide the students regarding the current scenario in the market of computer, where there is a massive need of security expert and to tell the importance of being updated in the field of Security, since there is no Recession in the market for an erudite person of Security.
Blood Donation Camp
In Collaboration with BMHRC, Bhopal, we organized a blood donation Camp in TIT & S campus, where in the guidance of Director sir & HOD’s the Student supervisors held an event where almost 150 units of blood was donated by the students & the main purpose was to fulfill the need of blood in Bhopal to the Cancer & Thalassemia patients need could be fulfilled.
The purpose of the event was to encourage the good spirit within the student of helping others & for the sake of the good cause for cancer & thalassemia patients, so that many lives could be saved by doing the noble deed.
This is the matter of great pride that students of IT Department of TIT& Science have been selected for ‘Rajyapal Award’ for obtaining highest marks in theory in their respective stream in the University in the year 2014-2015. Director TIT & Science Dr. A. S. Umesh heartly congratulated them for their outstanding success. The below mentioned list of students depicts the achievement of Rajyapal Award.Somya TiwariKanchan Gour
Top Three positions in year 2015-16
Future of Department Information Technology
As per the market requirement, IT Engineers are to update their knowledge regularly. For this purpose department planned different activities:
The department organizes a Technical Event every year for paper presentation and various technical activities.
- The department invites Guest Lectures and Expert Lectures from outside experts.
- The department will organize technical workshops where the students learn various networking activities.
- The department plans to organize additional lectures for weak students.
- The department organize social activities as a part of social service to the nation.